The Roero Days are coming up next week and we are excited to share the program with you! Traveling through Piemonte? It’s not too late to join.
Check it out:
ROERO DAYS: TWO DAYS WITH THE EXCELLENCE OF 10 YEARS OF DOCG
The Roero Tutelary Consortium will let the public discover this denomination of Piedmont thanks to vertical tastings, workshops, walk around tastings and debates
20th -21st March 2016
Reggia di Venaria Reale (TO) – Cascina Medici del Vascello
REGGIA DI VENARIA (TO) -. A 10-year sensory journey in order to discover one of the most prestigious wine regions of Piedmont, now recognized as World Heritage Site.
This is the program of Roero Days, a two days event at the exclusive mansion Cascina Medici del Vascello of the Reggia di Venaria Reale (Torino). The dates to save are the 20th and the 21st of March 2016, from 10.45 a.m. to 7 p.m. The event, organized by the Roero Tutelary Consortium, will let the public discover the wines of this Docg, the arneis-based whites and the nebbiolo-based reds, thanks to vertical tastings, workshops, walk around tastings and debates with some of the most important critics and experts in the wine field.
The Reggia, part of the Residenze Sabaude and a World Heritage Site, will be the background for the presentation of around 250 wines of 100 wine producers of the area.
The event (free of charge if you previously register at www.consorziodelroero.it) will also include a direct debate among the vignerons, thanks to a room dedicated to the single producers with tasting tables.
Wine-lovers and expertises will also have the chance to take part at tasting workshops (all on reservation, free of charge for the professionals, with entrance fee for the public) with in-depth presentations of the characteristics of the arneis and nebbiolo based Docg wines, produced in the Roero area. The prestigious professionals who will lead this seminars will be: Daniele Cernilli (Guida essenziale ai vini d’Italia, Doctor Wine), Gianni Fabrizio (Vini d’Italia del Gambero Rosso), Fabio Gallo (Associazione Italiana Sommelier), Giancarlo Gariglio (Slow Wine), Eleonora Guerini (Vini d’Italia del Gambero Rosso), Vittorio Manganelli (wine and food critic) and Paolo Zaccaria (e-book Wines of Roero). At the end of each tasting, in the Restaurant hall, the participants will be delighted by two dishes prepared by the Restaurants Enoteca di Canale of Davide Palluda and Il Centro di Priocca owned by the Cordero Family.
In the glasses, the wine-lovers and the professionals will have not only the last vintages but also historical harvests and the chance of tasting the potentials of their evolution. Two vertical tastings of fifteen years of Roero nebbiolo grapes and ten of Roero arneis.
Roero days will also give the chance to get to know the differences among the several Piedmont wines through tasting comparison of the most significant regional whites and the most important nebbiolo based denomination.
Three kinds of tastings. The first will be Roero, also Riserva, from 1999 to 2013 and Roero Arneis from 2006 to 2015.
The second, blind, will let discover the potentials of the Roero Docg wines, in comparison with to the others Piedmont wines.
This tastings will include 2 moments:
I Nebbioli del Piemonte a confronto: Roero Docg compared with Barolo, Barbaresco, Ghemme and Carema
I Bianchi del Piemonte a confronto: a tasting of Roero Arneis with the most renowned whites such as Gavi, Erbaluce and Colli Tortonesi Timorasso.
The third type of tasting will include the vintages currently in the market
There will also be a round table “The identity of Roero Docg and the market prospects” on Monday 21st March, at 2 p.m. with Daniele Cernilli, Oscar Farinetti, Alessandro Masnaghetti, Roberto Racca, Ueli Schiess and the president of the Roero Tutelary Consortium Francesco Monchiero. Moderators: Cavallito & Lamacchia.
Two publications will also be presented during the event:
- Sunday, 11 a.m. – Vent’anni di Roero (Twenty years of Roero) by Davide Palluda
- Sunday, 2 p.m. – the e-book Wines of Roero, by Paolo Zaccaria.
– Sunday, 11 a.m.: Presentation of Vent’anni di Roero (Twenty years of Roero) by Davide Palluda
With the author Rocco Moliterni and Luciano Bertello
– Sunday, 11,30 a.m: Ten years of Roero Arneis – 2004-2013
– Sunday, 1 p.m.: Fifteen Years of Roero Riserva – 1996-2010
– Sunday, 2 p.m. – the e-book Wines of Roero, by Paolo Zaccaria
With Paolo Zaccaria
– Sunday, 3 p.m.: Preview Roero Arneis 2015, presentation Roero 2013 and Roero Riserva 2012
– Sunday 4,30 p.m.: Nebbiolo 2011 of Piedemont in comparison – Barbaresco, Barolo, Bramaterra, Carema, Gattinara, Roero, Roero Riserva
– Sunday 6 p.m.: 2013 whites of Piedmont in comparison – Colli Tortonesi Timorasso, Erbaluce di Caluso, Gavi, Roero Arneis
– Monday, 11,30 a.m.: Ten Years of Roero Arneis – 2004-2013
– Monday,1 p.m.: Fifteen years of Roero Riserva – 1996-2010
– Monday, 2 p.m.: Round Table “The identity of Roero Docg and the market prospects”
Moderators: Cavallito & Lamacchia, with Daniele Cernilli, Oscar Farinetti, Alessandro Masnaghetti, Roberto Racca, Ueli Schiess, the president of the Roero Tutelary Consortium Francesco Monchiero.
– Monday, 3 p.m.: Preview Roero Arneis 2015, presentation Roero 2013 e Roero Riserva 2012
– Monday, 4,30 p.m. : Nebbiolo 2011 of Piedmont in comparison – Barbaresco, Barolo, Carema, Gattinara, Ghemme, Roero, Roero Riserva
– Monday, 6 p.m.: 2013 Piedemont whites in comparison – Colli Tortonesi Timorasso, Erbaluce di Caluso, Gavi, Roero Arneis
Additional information: www.lavenaria.it